If you want to market your business effectively, you must learn the art of appreciating your employees. Employees are the front liners of businesses. They are the ones engaging with your target consumers. They can speak highly or negatively of your products or services depending on how they are valued as part of your business.
Contrary to popular belief, you need not spend a lot of money in order to appreciate your employees' hard work. Enough time is what you will need to research about the small things that can make them feel valued.
1) Send personal emails, cards or small tokens of appreciation. You can have customised holiday cards printed and send them out to your employees. Sign each card personally. If you have extra funds, reward your employees' good work with small giveaways like caps, eco bags and pens. If you can't afford to spend even a cent, send your employees personal emails. Besides thanking them, discuss in your emails your employees' qualities that you like the most.
2) Be honest with your employees. Let your employees know what you think about their performances. They will be enlightened about the things they should and should not keep doing. Moreover, they will become more engaged.
3) Encourage your employees to appreciate each other. Instruct team leaders to monitor how their members are doing. Tell them to recognise quickly a job well done by the members.
4) Provide opportunities for growth. Generally, employees don't want to get stuck in doing the same things again and again. Moreover, they want to see themselves moving up the employment ladder. Having goals to reach and opportunities to improve themselves will push them top be more productive and become efficient in what they do. This is a win-win situation for your business.
5) Be interested in your employees' personal lives. Employees need to be valued as real people. They tend to repay their employers' kindness with loyalty. Practise genuine care for your employees without being intrusive.