Word of mouth marketing is nothing new to any business, and it won't get old till robots runs the earth. Branding your local business using this powerful weapon can sustain your company in the
long run. By employing this strategy you are basically selling things to those people around you, people who knows you in one way or another. So how do you fully utilize this potential to promote
1. Be a positive influence - If you are a bad influence, even a superb brand in your hand would not sell. You need to know that by being a trustworthy and positive person, your word would speak volumes to those around you.
2. Be specific in your target group - You should know who are your main customers, don't try selling weight lost pills to underweight people, unless you have that gift of tongue. Remember that by promoting your product to the correct audience would also influence their friends who are more like them. The product would therefore be used by the correct people and pass around by the correct group.
3. Don't be too friendly - Yup, that's right; most people don't recognize where to draw the line between selling a product and making a relationship. If you are selling a product, be a promoter, if you are building a friendship, be a friend. You cannot be both at the same time, it just doesn't works. Of course, provided you are not a friend already.
4. Use the media - If you have won any awards and reported by the papers, it would boost your credential. Fully optimizing each weapon's strength can work wonders.
5. Pass on the positive attitude - By using your employee to promote things the way you do would help create a positive circle of influences, thereby increasing sales. It also helps to bring your ideas across that everyone within your company are on the same boat, they live by the survival of each and everyone. This would in turn bring about greater WOMM among your clients.